Friday, April 13, 2007

Fashion Victims

Lately I've been doing two things: Getting more into watercolors and looking at Facehunter for inspiration. Drawing from street-fashion photos gives you tons of ideas for poses and colors. It's also a challenge to get the textures and folds of fabrics right. I still haven't gotten the hang of the texture side, but I'll strive for it. Lord, will I strive.

Wheelie
walkie
(note: I hate when tops of heads get cropped like on the second pic. His hat did fit on the paper on the original drawing, but I'm too damn lazy to scan it again.)

2 Comments:

Blogger suzanne cabrera said...

What a great resource! I'm in love with both of these. Have you thought about adding the texture you want with a layer of color pencil? We do this quite often in architectural renderings.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Bobby Breidholt said...

I'll give it a try. Thanks!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home